Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Agent P's Summer 2017 Disneyland Trip Report : Farewell Main Street Electrical Parade & Hello Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout!


Last year I wanted to go to my birth state of California, but my Dad was needed at work back in North Carolina! We then came up with a plan to send me there on my first trip away from home. My parents went surfing on the interwebs looking for plane tickets. Once we found them we started planning my trip.

                          

I was kinda scared because I had never been without my parents for more than a few days but eventually I just kept on getting more and more excited! We decided I was going to stay with my grandparents. I really wanted to visit Disneyland while I was in California. 


The day of the trip finally came and we drove to the airport, I said my goodbyes and then got on the plane. I was a little nervous at first but once we took off I was fine. On the first flight I sat on the window seat next to this very nice couple. The flight attendant was also super nice to me as well!


Once the plane landed I got off and saw all my family! The first thing a true Californian would do is eat at In N’ Out, the super popular fast food restaurant in California. Another thing that was luckily going to happen while I was going to be there was the Farewell to the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland.  The parade had moved from Walt Disney World back to Disneyland. They had repaired the parade and had it showing all summer long. I was thrilled when I heard that because that was my favorite parade so we tried to arrange the trip to see the last showing on the last day!





Disneyland Trip

It was the day of the last Main Street Electrical Parade(at least for now!). I got up super early and went to Disneyland with My grandma and my cousin who happened to work at Disneyland at the time. We ate at Burger King a restaurant...I don’t think I have to explain it to you, they are everywhere!





My cousin took us to the cast member shop and I found a really cool retro souvenir plate and a "It's A Small World" hand sanitizer key chain for my parents! Something I now regret is not buying/looking at the cast member only pins. I didn’t look because I wasn’t all pin crazy at the time. We left the cast member shop and started heading to Disneyland. Earlier that day my cousin had given me a 4 pc Monster Inc pin set, that I sadly did not use at the park. I have since become a Pin Trader and I can't wait to share that in another post.





Arriving at Disneyland
Once we parked we first went on the Jungle Cruise! My first trip to Disneyland was in the summer of 2005 during the 50th anniversary celebration of Disneyland. I went with my Mom & Dad, my Grandma and my cousins...including the cousin who was now working for Disneyland. I wanted to recreate a photo we took from when I was a baby.

        
Me and Family in 2005!
Photo of me and my Family 12 years later!

My cousin had to report to work, she worked on Main Street. We watched the Disneyland Band perform in front of the Golden Horseshow Saloon and took a ride around the Rivers of America on board the Sailing Ship Columbia! They had reopened the river after remodeling it to make room for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge! I had not been around the river since I was a baby and the new river looked so nice that I did not even know the river was different.

  

So then we went on It’s a small world and looked for all the Disney Characters. After that we decided to go meet Mickey at Toon Town.



Then my other cousin made us dinner reservations at Ariel’s Grotto in California Adventure for my Grandma's Birthday. It recently closed down because of Pixar Pier. I had the Chicken with a side  of Couscous and for dessert a sampler. It came with a sugar cookie shell and some crème brûlée. The crème brûlée was delicious!




               

My uncle got us special seating for Fantasmic and the fireworks.We got  some churros and sat down for The Electrical Parade! It was so good I hope it comes back again someday.

Here are some Photos of The Main Street Electrical Parade:


  






Disneyland Trip 2
I was so lucky to get to go to Disneyland on another day with my Aunt & Cousins on this same trip to California! We mostly spent our day at California Adventure. So first thing we did was rush to get Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Break Out! fast passes. While waiting for our fast pass time we went on California Screaming which is now being themed to The Incredibles! Then we went on the silly swings.

Video of me riding the Silly Swings!

For lunch we ate at one of my favorite Disneyland fast food restaurants, The Smoke Jumpers Grill! I like it because almost every time I go to California Adventure I eat there. After that it was finally time for our ride on Mission: Breakout! Although I loved Tower of Terror and miss it, Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout was super cool! With the update it now has random music and ride patterns. The first time you might be listening to Elvis while helping Drax or on the next ride it could be something completely different! 


On the last day of being in California I went to Universal Studios Hollywood and that was fun too. Late in the night they do a firework/projection show on Hogwarts which was cool, but I still missed the Disney castle. After that I ate at In N' Out one last time. I know some people are going to hate me for this but if I had to pick between Disneyland Park or The Magic Kingdom I would pick Disneyland Park. It's just got so many more rides and I share my birth year with their 50th Anniversary. I enjoyed my trip so much and can't wait to go back to California!





1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at Magic Kingdom