Friday, May 11, 2018

Sketch: Figment and Agent P







On my first ever post I said my favorite character was Figment, and if you don't know who Figment is he is a purple dragon who is basically the mascot of Epcot. In 1982 there was a ride called Journey Into Imagination in the Future World section of the park. On the ride you followed the characters Dreamfinder and Figment through their adventures of collecting things to spark the Imagination. The ride has had several variations for better or worse. Today the ride is called Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment. For the longest time I have been wanting a drawing of Figment on my shoulder and my Dad drew this for me recently.




In the rest of this post I am going to talk about my Figment collection. My collection kind of accidentally started in late 2015. For my souvenirs I wanted a stuffed animal from every park. It was almost time to leave so we went to Mouse Gears and I saw a figment plush so I got it to represent Epcot.

Figment Plush from 1982 on left, and from 2015 on right

For my 13th Birthday I wanted a Vintage Figment plush. I wanted one because recently my Family and I got into collecting vintage stuffed animals. On one of my recent trips I got a Figment Pop Figure that I am so in love with.


A big part of my Figment and pin collection are Figment themed pins. Recently I bought some EPCOT Festival of the Arts pins that are based on real life artwork. My favorite is the "Mona Figment". Recently I bought this pin that had my birth year on it that was from an old Cast Member Pin Party. I love anything that has my birth year, month, or day.


Figment patch from "Pin Folio" pin carrying case


Figment themed Disney Pins

On my next trips I want to grow my collections even more. Happy Figment Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Figment! I remember the year he was introduced!

    ReplyDelete

Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at Magic Kingdom